1. Third annual Route 66 Bluegrass Festival: Marathon Productions is set to bring the third annual Route 66 Bluegrass Festival back to Victorville for Father's Day weekend. The festival will feature a lineup of both national and West Coast bluegrass bands including the Vintage Martins, Nu-Blu, Grasslands, Desperado, Stillhouse Road, Shinbone and many more. The family friendly event also will have a corn hole tournament, workshops, kids activities, and craft and food vendors. There will be plenty of camping sites and full hookup sites for those who wish to stay the whole weekend.
When: 8 a.m. Friday to 6 p.m. Sunday.
Where: High Desert Event Center, 14800 Seventh St., Victorville.
Cost: $18.54 for Friday only, $20.60 for Saturday, $18.54 for Sunday, $51.50 for the whole weekend. Kids 15 and younger are free. Camping available beginning Thursday.
Information: Visit www.route66bluegrass.com.
2. Kiwanis Club golf tournament: Hit the links at the Kiwanis Club of Barstow's 12th annual golf tournament at the Apple Valley Country Club. Attendees will be given dinner and the opportunity to win $5,000 with a hole-in-one, as well as other prizes. There also will be 50/50 cash drawings and raffle prizes.
When: 8 a.m. Saturday.
Where: Apple Valley Country Club, 15200 Rancherias Road, Apple Valley.
Information: Call tournament directors Don Turner at 760-678-9026 or Brian Wolbert at 949-929-5873.
3. Charlie B Roberts and The Love Switch: Celebrate Father’s Day weekend with adult beverages, live entertainment and a good time when film/TV writer and local musician Charlie B Roberts and The Love Switch band take the stage at the Wine Seller. Made up of musicians from around the High Desert, the band plans to entertain the crowd with various classic rock tunes throughout the evening. Roberts has been writing songs for various television shows and films for the past 11 years.
When: 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
Where: The Wine Seller, 19341 Bear Valley Road, Suite 201, Apple Valley.
Information: Call 760-953-9122.
4. Victor Valley Volks' classic car show: Raise awareness and help support the fight against testicular cancer at Victor Valley Volks' classic car show "Save the Nuts and Bolts." There will be live music, food, vendors and fun for the entire family. Those who attend will also have the opportunity to partake in raffles, a 50/50 drawing and win prizes. The car show will start at noon but registration runs from 8 to 10 a.m. The cost to register a car is $25. Later in the evening, there will be a concert by Latin Express from 5 to 11 p.m.
When: Car show begins at noon; concert starts at 5 p.m.
Where: Green Tree Inn, 14173 Green Tree Blvd., Victorville.
Cost: $25 to register car, $30 for concert entry.
Information: Call Mathew Pedroza at 760-486-3085.
5. ‘A Change of Season’: Over 100 students are scheduled to take the stage at Studio M. Dance Company’s “A Change of Season” dance recital. Led by studio owner and teacher Melanie Burnau, the recital will feature various styles of dance, including ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, contemporary and hip hop. This will be the studio’s fourth recital. Students range in age from 3 years old to adults.
When: 6 p.m. Saturday.
Where: Barstow Community College Performing Arts Center, 2700 Barstow Road, Barstow.
Cost: Tickets range from $25 to $30.
Information: Call 760-447-4046.