1. Summer Hops Brewfest: The Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with Off the Grid Brewing Company, will host the Summer Hops Brewfest at Lions Park in Apple Valley. The event will feature at least 10 local and regional micro-breweries, wine, live music and food trucks. The Summer Hops Brewfest runs from noon to 4 p.m. VIP passes include one-hour-early entry, a special VIP pilsner glass, shirt and goodie bag. VIP packages are limited to 100 passes only. Tickets will be available on the Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce website.
When: Noon to 4 p.m. Saturday.
Where: Lions Park, on Outer Highway 18, east of Dale Evans Parkway.
Cost: $30 in advance, $35 at the gate and $60 for VIP.
Information: Visit facebook.com/summerhopsbrew for more information or download the Summer Hops Brew App at the iTunes and Android stores.
2. Free dodgeball tournament: New Wave Youth Group is inviting ages 13 to 18 to come out and compete in their inaugural dodgeball tournament. Participants can attend in groups of four or come solo to be placed in a team. There will be prizes awarded to the top three teams. Tikiz shaved ice and ice cream will be on hand for those who wish to purchase refreshments. Attendees must wear closed toed shoes or they will not be able to compete.
When: Registration is 11 a.m., the first game begins at 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
Where: New Wave Youth Group, 9608 I Ave., Hesperia.
Information: Message @NEWWAVEHD on Facebook.
3. Odd Fest 2017: The Dead Scene is set to present Odd Fest 2017 at the Hilltop Tavern & Inn. This music festival will feature an indoor and outdoor stage as there will be a number of performances throughout the day. Dead Rekoning, Kryptic Moons, Twenty Dollar Prophets, Sacred Vibe and Delta Shade are just a few of the many bands scheduled to perform. Admission will include two free drink tickets.
When: Noon Saturday.
Where: Hilltop Tavern & Inn, 9544 Kiowa Road, Apple Valley.
Cost: $12 per person, ages 16 and younger are free.
Information: Call 760-961-8698.
4. ‘Beauty and the Beast Jr.’: See the classic Disney musical “Beauty and the Beast Jr.” as performed by the W.I.Y.S. Actors. This presentation is an abridged version of the animated and Broadway musical adored by fans, featuring the show's popular songs and highlighting the W.I.Y.S. kids actors ages 8 to 12. The show follows the classic story and lasts about an hour.
When: 7 p.m. Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday.
Where: The Roger/Evans Performing Arts Center at Granite Hills High School, 22900 Esaws Road, Apple Valley.
Cost: $8 cash only.
Information: Call 760-240-7000
5. XEB: Ex-Third Eye Blind band members Kevin Cadogan, Tony Fredianelli and Arion Salazar will hit the stage on Saturday at The Cave as their new group, XEB. Cadogan, who was a signatory to Third Eye Blind’s Elektra record deal, performed lead guitar and composed the music to 10 of the 14 songs on Third Eye Blind’s 1997 self-titled debut album. Fredianelli’s contributions to the band include his signature backing vocals and guitar, ushering in a new sound for Third Eye Blind that carried through the fourth album. Fredianelli composed the music to many songs on the certiﬁed gold album "Out Of The Vain." Salazar co-wrote many songs throughout the band’s career, including the hit “Never Let You Go” along with other fan favorites.
When: 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
Where: The Cave, 40789 Village Drive, Big Bear Lake.
Information: Call 909-878-0204 or visit thecavebigbear.com.