1. Relay For Life: Raise money and awareness for the American Cancer Society at their signature fundraising event where there will be live entertainment, music, activities and ceremonies. Relay For Life is a 24-hour walking event and a chance for the community to remember loved ones lost, honor survivors of all cancers and raise money to help the American Cancer Society make a global impact on cancer. Barstow's Relay For Life is typically the largest attended Relay For Life in the High Desert.
When: 9 a.m. Saturday.
Where: Langworthy Field at Barstow High School, 430 S. First Ave., Barstow.
Information: Email Amanda Vargas at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 760-954-8125.
2. Barstow Community College Commencement Ceremony: Cheer on the next wave of Barstow Community College graduates as they end the final chapter of their lives as Vikings. One by one, students clad in blue and gold will take the stage to receive their hard-earned diplomas, with many planning to continue their education at four-year universities and others intending on immediately joining the workforce.
When: 3 p.m. Friday.
Where: James R. Parks Gymnasium at Barstow Community College, 2700 Barstow Road, Barstow.
3. San Bernardino County Fair: An annual event for 70 years, the San Bernardino County Fair is the destination in the High Desert for fun. Expect big name concerts, monster trucks, destruction derby, amazing stage shows, strolling comedians, clowns, jugglers, live bands and exotic animals, as well as unforgettable fair food. There’s something for everyone at an affordable price. Closing out the fair on May 29 will be country singer Aaron Tippin.
When: Noon Saturday, Sunday, May 27, 28 and 29; 4 p.m. Monday, May 25-26.
Where: High Desert Event Center, 14800 Seventh St., Victorville.
Cost: $5 pre-sale admission.
Information: Visit www.sbcfair.com or call 760-951-2200.
4. Two-day 2017 Summer Concert: Desert Barn Brewery is scheduled to hold its first Summer Concert featuring a battle of the bands and live DJ. This year, the concert will be supporting cancer survivor Valerie Garcia and her foundation 923 that focuses on providing unique opportunities for fellow survivors. Country artist Jacob Bryant will perform live and VIP guests will have the chance to meet him as well. This two-day concert will be held outside and have craft beer, vendors, raffles prizes and more. Tickets are on sale now at Desert Barn Brewery. Must be 21 or older to attend.
When: Doors open at 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.
Where: Desert Barn Brewery, 11351 Hesperia Road, Suite B, Hesperia.
Cost: $10 general admission and $35 for VIP.
Information: Call 750-220-5194.
5. Friends of Happy Trails Banquet: Happy Trails Children's Foundation will host its 7th annual Friends of Happy Trails Banquet, where one person will win the legendary Red Ryder Saddle, valued at more than $10,000. The saddle is exactly like the one used by Wild Bill Elliott and Allan "Rocky" Lane in their role as comic book cowboy hero Red Ryder. Lorne Greene as Ben Cartwright on the TV show "Bonanza" also used a similar saddle. The winner will be notified by phone and will also be shown on the Happy Trails website the Monday after the drawing. Participants do not have to be present to win. To order tickets, call 855-788-4440. Entertaining at the banquet will be legendary rocker Ron Ellington Shy, nephew of the late Duke Ellington.
When: 6 to 10 p.m. Saturday.
Where: Hilton Garden Inn, 12603 Mariposa Road, Victorville.
Cost: $45 for the banquet; raffle tickets are $10 each or 11 tickets for $100.
Information: Call 760-240-3330.