1. The High Desert Pirate Renaissance Fair: This year the faire moves from the High Desert Event Center in Victorville to Hesperia Lake Park, where the two-day event promises to be bigger and better than ever. It will be a swashbuckling good time for the entire family!
When: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Where: Hesperia Lake Park, 7500 Arrowhead Lake Road, Hesperia.
Cost: $12 adults, $9 children ages 7-13, $8 seniors 65+ and active military with ID, free for children 6 and under.
Information: Visit www.HDPirateFaire.com or call 760-684-0387.
2. March Radness: Visit Mountain High for an afternoon of spectacular, high-flying tricks as snowboarders from around the area compete against one another at the ski resort’s inaugural March Radness snowboarding competition. March Radness consists of 32 riders, randomly paired together to compete in a head-to-head game of YETI. The rider with priority calls both the feature and the trick that will be performed. If successful, the next rider must land that same trick or receive a letter (like the basketball game of HORSE). The first rider to get all four letters in YETI is out of the competition. The last snowboarder standing will win $500 cash and prizes along with staking claim to the inaugural title of March Radness champion.
When: 10 a.m. Saturday.
Where: Mountain High West Resort, 24510 Highway 2, Wrightwood.
Cost: $10 entry fee and $25 competitor lift ticket.
Information: Visit www.mthigh.com or call 888-754-7878.
3. Science on a Sphere: This traveling NASA exhibit at the Harvey House is only in Barstow through March 25. It features a six-foot spherical display developed by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration that utilizes computers and four video projectors to show planetary processes, including the effects of global climate change, tsunami wave propagation, temperature of cosmic background radiation and changing surface features on Mars. Science buffs and students are sure to find it interesting and educational.
When: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Where: Harvey House, 685 N. First Ave., Barstow.
Cost: $10 adults, $7 seniors/military, $5 students with ID.
4. Desert Sol: The high-energy band Desert Sol will perform top pop, rock, funk, soul and R&B hits by groups and artists including Tower of Power, Bill Withers, James Brown, Otis Redding, Bruno Mars, Chicago, Wilson Pickett, Earth, Wind & Fire, Huey Lewis & The News, Stevie Wonder, Pharrell Williams, Blood, Sweat & Tears and the Blues Brothers.
When: 2 p.m. Sunday.
Where: Barstow Community College Performing Arts Center, 2700 Barstow Road, Barstow.
Cost: $25 adults, $20 military, seniors, students, $15 children 12 and under or $60 for a family ticket (good for two adults and five children living in the same household).
Information: Visit www.barstowpac.com.
5. Charlie B Roberts and the Love Switch: Film/TV writer and local musician Charlie B Roberts and the Love Switch band are set to perform live at the Wine Seller. Made up of musicians from around the High Desert, the band plans to entertain the crowd with various classic rock tunes throughout the evening. Roberts has been writing songs for various television shows and films for the past 11 years.
When: 7:30 p.m.
Where: The Wine Seller, 19341 Bear Valley Road, Suite 201, Apple Valley.