1. ‘A Night on Broadway’: The Barstow Community College Callboard Performance Arts Club presents “A Night on Broadway” at the Performing Arts Center. The show will feature songs from many of the greatest Broadway shows in history, including "West Side Story," "Les Miserables" and many more.
When: 7 p.m. Saturday
Where: Barstow Community College Performing Arts Center, 2700 Barstow Road, Barstow
Cost: $6 adults, $4 students/seniors. No children under 5 will be admitted
Information: email email@example.com
2. Science on a Sphere: This traveling NASA exhibit will be housed at the Harvey House for several months. It features a six-foot spherical display developed by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration that utilizes computers and four video projectors to show planetary processes, including the effects of global climate change, tsunami wave propagation, temperature of cosmic background radiation and changing surface features on Mars. Science buffs and students are sure to find it interesting and educational.
When: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
Where: Harvey House, 685 N. First Ave., Barstow
Cost: $10 adults, $7 seniors/military, $5 students with ID
3. Rock Show and Holiday Canned Food Drive: The Barstow-based group Chrysalis will appear in the city for the first time since the band's recent national tour. Chrysalis has a single ("My Eternity") on the Billboard chart and will release a new full length album on Jan. 13 before embarking on another national tour. Also on the bill at Pit Stop will be Shine Bright, Mondo Silicone and Little Debbie and the Moonpies.
When: 7:45 p.m. Friday (Chrysalis goes on at 10 p.m.)
Where: Pit Stop, 560 Victor Ave., Barstow
Cost: $10 ($5 if you bring two cans of food to donate)
4. ‘Christmas at the Asylum’: Join All Saints Lunatic Asylum as it opens its doors for this haunted attraction that only remains open during Halloween season and specific days throughout the year. In this case, Christmas is an exception, allowing participants to tour the forsaken facility for two days only. The haunted asylum is not recommended for pregnant women and children under the age of 10 years old.
When: 7 to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday
Where: All Saints Lunatic Asylum, 22521 Shawnee Road, Apple Valley
Cost: $8 per person
Information: call 760-953-6730.
5. Curly’s Cowboy Christmas: Enjoy an evening of incredible entertainment and a delicious buffet dinner with good friends at Curly’s Cowboy Christmas at the Holiday Inn. The 15th annual Curly’s Cowboy Christmas, a tribute to the memory of award winning singer/songwriter “Curly” Jim Musgrave, of Lake Arrowhead, will benefit the abused children served by the Happy Trails Children’s Foundation in Apple Valley. Belinda Gail is scheduled to perform, as well as Grammy-nominated singer/songwriter Joyce Woodson. Well-known cowboy poet and humorist Chris Isaacs will keep guests entertained with his poetry and humorous stories of the West.
When: Doors open at 6 p.m. Saturday, with dinner at 7 p.m.
Where: Holiday Inn, 15494 Palmdale Road, Victorville
Cost: Tickets are $50 each or $95 per couple
Information: Call 855-788-4440 or 760-240-3330, or visit www.happytrails.org
Ha Ha Holiday Inn
The Holiday Inn hosts Comedy Night every Saturday night. You will be amazed at the talent that is right here in the High Desert! The Community Table features a full food and drink menu. When: 8:30 p.m. Saturday (doors open at 8 p.m.). Where: Holiday Inn, 15494 Palmdale Road, Victorville. Cost: $10. Information: Call 760-245-6565. Like https://www.facebook.com/hahaholidayinncomedy/timeline for each week’s lineup.