Mobile home fire sparks $50k in damages
Unattended cooking the cause, fire officials say
BARSTOW • A double-wide mobile home caught fire on the 2100 block of Soapmine Road, resulting in “major damage” to the trailer, according to local fire officials.
The Barstow Fire Protection District and Marine Corps Logistics Base's Fire and Emergency Services Division responded at about 1:29 p.m. Tuesday to an area across the street from the Hacienda Trailer Park after receiving a report of the fire, according to a BFPD news release.
Occupants of the trailer were able to get out and later received assistance from the Red Cross, the news release stated.
It took 12 firefighters 10 minutes to contain the fire.
Damages to the trailer were estimated at $50,000, including property and content loss, according to the news release.
No one was injured.
Fire officials said the fire was started by unattended cooking.